Outside the lines....

98 degrees today and something has to give... I find myself restless with too much heat.... it drifts off the asphalt into a haze and creates mornings filled with longing to go back to bed.

I made some decisions recently which has opened up some time which was supposed to be good.... a very good thing..... but now perhaps too much time.... too much time to think.... to analyze.... to wonder.....

Hitting the wall as an artist is never a good thing and often can create an atmosphere for an amazing break through but still it challenges us each day as we sift through it.

I have been working on a new techniques and as stimulating as it is.... I question each direction and each step forward.... I stumble..... and perhaps it is just this dreaded heat that permeates everything with no escape... perhaps a drop of rain would bring the moisture back into my mind but it feels dry inside and out and stifling....

And yet the engine continues to move forward because to stop is to admit defeat and it is important not to be confined but to move ever forward..... and hope that you will not be forgotten that you will not become stale that you will not find yourself ten years from now doing the same thing from ten years previous.

I am trying to move away from the poetry collection. Casting a die in the sand and hoping that with my new work and my struggle to come across barriers I can find success and yet I fear that I will not. I fear that when you truly put yourself out there and you put a little something besides labor, perhaps a bit of soul into the work will the rejection come..... for finding great success often allows the possibility for great failure.

Meekly I begin down this new path and so we shall see....

1 comments:

Patty said...

Stretch and grow! Your energy is there and you have to find the new to be, to be you. Take your time on the journey.