Choosing a path.....


One of the most important things I have discovered in my life is that you must choose where you want to go in life. You must have a goal and be able to determine the steps it takes to reach it with success. I know this is often easier said than done but taking the time to write out a list of goals each year and the steps you can take to help you reach them is so helpful in life and in business.

When I was 19 I found that my life was not moving in a direction that I wanted. I wrote down a list of all the things I wanted and didn't have and decided that I would give myself a year to accomplish them all. I was able to accomplish everything on my list within three months. This became a life lesson for me and I found that the act of looking at my life, deciding what I wanted, and writing it down helped me to complete the tasks needed to gain results.

Often times we think that we have an idea of where we want to go and don't feel the need to actually write out a list. It's in your head.... but let me challenge you to write out the list and fill in the steps. I think you will be surprised at how effective the act of writing down what you want and need can be.

Every year I write out a list of annual goals. Throughout the year I keep lists of my next goal and what I need to do to get there. I push myself to look at each of these as steps and to consider only what it takes to get to the next step. It helps to propel me forward and offers me a constant vision in which to focus on.

I am getting ready to leave Tuesday to accomplish a goal I have had for two years. I will be exhibiting at my first wholesale show in Philadelphia. I am so excited to see that I have reached this goal and I know that it is yet another step in a long list but an important one.

Know where you want to go, write it down, and take the steps necessary to get there! All things are easier when you look at the simple components.

Good Luck!

0 comments: