Something different....


Trying to create an image for Delias Studio has been one of the hardest things I have had to work on. I've spent countless hours previewing websites, magazines, and graphics trying to determine what is my brand and what do I want to evoke.

One important component that came to mind almost immediately was that I did not want to use jury photos or basic product images for my booth and website. However, this seems to be one of those ideas that is easier thought than completed.

I had a million ideas for what I wanted my images to be but as a small company just picking up speed the cost of a professional photographer and model seemed out of my budget. I began to play with taking photos of my work in a way that does not depict the face of the model for two reasons. The first and most obvious being that I am the model for all of the photographs and the second was to tie back into my tag line, just be. I wanted "her" to be anyone. I am trying to depict the image or idea that we as individuals can be anyone and do anything. I thought the idea of not using faces keeps the image on the essence of the photo which is what I want to capture.

This is one of the images that I will be using for my large display pieces at shows. I have a few more worked up. I hope they evoke the message and idea that I planned.

0 comments: