One Piece At a Time.....


I recently decided that yes, I would like to begin working with retailers on a larger scale to expand the locations where my work will be available. This was such a difficult decision for me to make and I went back and forth trying to decide what I really wanted to do. Then I thought; is it possible to have my cake and eat it too? Yes, I think it might.

See, the difficult part of this decision stems from my love to explore new design possibilities. I enjoy the process of discovering a new look or theme to work off of. I have been concerned that moving into a wholesale venue would limit my ability to work on new designs and would inhibit my creative spirit. I've spent a lot of time dwelling over the solution. Recently it came to me through a discussion with a fellow metalsmith. Why can't I offer a collection for wholesale and continue to fabricate one of a kind and limited edition work? Well, I can think of no reason. So, I have decided to embark on this new journey with an open mind and heart.

I have chosen the Reflections Collection as the first to complete. I am working on expanding the line to include many pieces and I'm excited about all of the great new ideas I have. I plan to introduce the collection to a venue in 2010. This gives me plenty of time to complete the collection and work out all design components and fabrication issues.

Wish Me Luck!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Well of course - BEST OF LUCK!! But more than that - I wish you much success ! :)

Teresa said...

Best of luck to you - sounds like this journey will be lots of fun and a great learning experience. That's always a good thing, right!